"Ferries operated into the 1960s in some parts of East Tennessee. Hi Cheatham, shown in this photograph taken on July 4, 1961, ran Bussell Ferry at Lenoir City for many years. He ferried people and their cars back and forth across the river several times a day." from Images of America: Lenoir City by Kate Clabough
Toll Booth over Loudon Bridge, 3319 This toll booth began when the Loudon highway bridge was built in 1929. The cost was 25 cents per car with an additional 5 cents per person. The toll booth continued to operate until 1947 when the Tennessee State Legislature took away all tolls.
This picture was taken at Jackson's Ferry.
artist rendering by Calberta Bowden - 1977