American Legion Building in Loudon was located across the street from the depot.
This is a pic of Senator Howard Baker making a campaign stop near the Loudon Depot, across the street you can see the American Legion building.
Charles H. Bacon Home was located a few miles past Jackson School.
Charles H. Bacon Hospital Opened in November 1939, the hospital had twenty beds. Over the years, the facility expanded and moved to a new location, down the hill only a few yards. In 1989 it became part of the Fort Sanders health care system.
The old Loudon Jail was located where the courthouse annex parking lot is now. The jail was built in 1874 at a cost of 9 thousand dollars and closed in 1975 when the Loudon County Justice center was built. Many people still remember waving to prisoners as they crossed the bridge.
The Sumner Hotel provided longing primarily for railroad travelers. It is located just below the Loudon Depot. Portions of this building served as home for the Loudon Parks and Recreation Office until 2020.